Pages

Friday, December 8, 2017

Cultural Festival

On Saturday 25th November, the day of the cultural groups, I went to the Owairaka tent to find my outfit for my first performance. My opening performance was kapa-haka. Just before we went on the stage my Kapa Haka teacher told us the Jacinda Ardern, the prime minister of New Zealand was opening the festival while we were on the stage. I was so excited to see the nz prime minister.
We performed lots of cool waiata.
I got a little scared because the crowed was so big and loud. But I new they were so happy and excited to see our performance.

My second performance was the Mexican cultural group. We did a unique version of the Mexican hat dance!
We were dressed in some sparkly red tutu’s and green bobble necklaces. There wernt as many people but there was still a big crowd.
After my performance everybody was clapping, I could see their bright smiles. I has an amazing day and I wish I could do it all over again.

Here are some photos:



                               

No comments:

Post a Comment